Why do I have to fill out paperwork every time I come in?
- Insurance requires us to have updated information every 12 months. In order for us to do everything we can to help you get your claims paid, we must request this information at least once a year.
Can you bill me for my CO-PAY?
- No. CO-PAY is due at time of service. A statement will not be mailed.
Do I need a referral from another Doctor to be seen?
- No. We do not require a referral unless your insurance requires it. If you have seen another doctor about this problem in the past we need copies of your records/imaging prior to your appointment.
How much does a Vasectomy cost?
- Most insurances either fully or partially cover the cost of the vasectomy. This is something that we would be able to tell you at your office visit. We offer a self-pay cash cost of $899.
Do you see children?
- Yes. Dr. Speck will examine children and perform certain procedures.
Do you accept Medicare Patients?
- We do accept Medicare patients. We do not participate with all the Medicare Advantage plans, so be sure to check with your provider network.
Can I just bring in a Urine Specimen without an Appointment?
- No. If you have not been seen by Gillespie County Urology in the last 2 years you must call our office to schedule an appointment.
How Do I Get Treated for a Bladder or Urinary Tract Infection?
- Call the office to speak to a nurse, they will give you instructions with the next steps.
How Do I Get a Refill for my Medication?
- You must have been seen the doctor within the last 2 years to have your prescription refilled. You can contact your pharmacy and they will send us a refill request.
Do I need to see the Doctor before my Vasectomy?
- Yes. You will have a consultation with the physician before your vasectomy is scheduled. The doctor wants to make sure you have a complete understanding of the procedure and expectations for proper recovery following surgery.
Do you accept walk-in patients?
- No. Patients that feel like they have a urologic emergency need to go the Emergency Room.
What should I do if I have not been seen by Gillespie County Urology in the last year?
- Our policy is that you must have seen the doctor in the last 2 years if you need prescription refills, medical instruction or advice. You will need to make an appointment to be seen by the doctor or if it is an emergency you should go to the Emergency Room.
Does Dr. Speck do Penile Prosthesis Implants?
- Yes. For more information please call our office and make an appointment.
What should I expect when I come in for my first office visit?
- Arrive 15 minutes early to fill out “new patient” forms or fill them out on our website and bring them in to the office.
Does your office offer payment plans if I cannot afford to pay my balance in full?
- Yes. You will need to set up a payment plan at the office.
What if I can’t keep my appointment?
- Please call our office and let us know as soon as possible. Three Cancellations or No Shows will not be rescheduled.
What is a Urodynamic Test?
- Testing analyzes how well the bladder, urethra and muscles function to control voiding urine. It helps urologists treat problems with storing urine and voiding.
Do you accept my insurance?
- We accept most major insurances including Medicare, Blue Cross Blue Shield, United Healthcare, etc. To find out if we accept your insurance please call our office.