Why do I have to fill out paperwork every time I come in?
- Insurance requires us to have updated information every 12 months. In order for us to do everything we can to help you get your claims paid, we must request this information at least once a year.
Can you bill me for my CO-PAY?
- No. CO-PAY is due at time of service. A statement will not be mailed.
Do I need a referral from another Doctor to be seen?
- No. We do not require a referral unless your insurance requires it. If you have seen another doctor about this problem in the past, we need copies of your records/imaging prior to your appointment.
Do you see children?
- Yes. Dr. Speck will examine children and perform certain procedures.
Do you accept my insurance?
- We accept most major insurances including Medicare, Blue Cross Blue Shield, United Healthcare, etc. To find out if we accept your insurance, please call our office.
Do you accept Medicare Patients?
- We do accept Medicare patients. We do not participate with all the Medicare Advantage plans, so be sure to check with your provider network.
Do you accept walk-in patients?
- No. Patients that feel like they have a urologic emergency need to go the Emergency Room.
Does your office offer payment plans if I cannot afford to pay my balance in full?
- Yes. You will need to set up a payment plan at the office.
What should I expect when I come in for my first office visit?
- Arrive 15 minutes early to fill out “new patient” forms or fill them out on our website and bring them in to the office.
What if I can’t keep my appointment?
- Please call our office and let us know as soon as possible. Three Cancellations or No Shows will not be rescheduled.
What should I do if I have not been seen by Gillespie County Urology in the last year?
- Our policy is that you must have seen the doctor in the last 2 years if you need prescription refills, medical instruction or advice. You will need to make an appointment to be seen by the doctor or if it is an emergency you should go to the Emergency Room.
Does Dr. Speck use Nitrous for all his office procedures?
- Gillespie County Urology offers Nitrous Oxide for in office procedures for management of pain and anxiety. This minimal sedation can be used during procedures such as Vasectomy, Prostate Biopsy, Cystoscopy, and Urolift.
- Dr. Speck chose Nitrous Oxide to use in his clinic because it wears off quickly and patients are able to drive themselves to and from their appointment. Nitrous Oxide is not covered by insurance and is an out of pocket cost of $95
Do I need to see the Doctor before my Vasectomy?
- Yes. You will have a consultation with the physician before your vasectomy is scheduled. The doctor wants to make sure you have a complete understanding of the procedure and expectations for proper recovery following surgery.
How much does a Vasectomy cost?
- We offer a self-pay cash cost of $899. Most insurances either fully or partially cover the cost of the vasectomy. This is something that we would be able to tell you at your office visit. For more information about our office vasectomy procedures please go to our homepage and click on Vasectomy.
When will I be able to return to work after my Vasectomy?
- Dr. Speck wants you to take it easy for a couple of days and so he usually does Vasectomy procedures on Fridays so you can be back to work on Monday. He can work with your schedule to get your procedure done.
Does Dr. Speck perform Titan Penile Prosthesis Implants?
- Yes. Please see go to our homepage and click on Men’s Health and then the read more button under Titan, please call our office and make an appointment.
Does Dr. Speck perform the Urolift Prostate procedure?
- Yes. Dr. Speck performs the Urolift procedure in office with nitrous oxide sedation. Please go to our homepage and click on Men’s health and then the Urolift button for more information.
Does Dr. Speck do Testosterone Replacement Therapy?
- Yes. Dr. Speck monitors your testosterone levels closely and has many options for Testosterone Replacement Therapy. For more information, please go to our homepage and click on Men’s Health and click Testosterone Replacement.
Does Dr. Speck perform BOTOX injections for Overactive Bladder?
- Yes, Dr. Speck can perform Botox injections in the office with nitrous sedation to help with overactive bladder and urinary incontinence.
Can I just bring in a Urine Specimen without an appointment?
- You must call our office to schedule an appointment to drop off a urine specimen.
How Do I Get Treated for a Bladder or Urinary Tract Infection?
- Call the office to speak to a nurse, they will give you instructions with the next steps.
How Do I Get a Refill for my Medication?
- You must have been seen the doctor within the last 2 years to have your prescription refilled. You can contact your pharmacy and they will send us a refill request. Prescription refills are not called into the pharmacy on the weekend. Please time your prescriptions renewals before you run out of medicine.