YOUR ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION SPECIALIST IN FREDERICKSBURG TEXAS
Dr. Speck helps men who are having sexual health issues using the latest in medical technology. Every day he improves the lives of men who are struggling with erectile dysfunction.
WHAT IS ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION?
Erectile Dysfunction is COMMON and TREATABLE. ED is the consistent inability to sustain an erection sufficient for sexual intercourse.
If you dealing with erectile dysfunction (ED) you are not alone. 1 in 4 men over 65 will experience some degree of erectile dysfunction, that’s about 30 million American men.
AT WHAT AGE DOES ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION AFFECT MEN?
Erectile dysfunction typically affects men who are getting older but can also affect men in their 40's. Most men at one time or another during their sexual lives are unable to get or keep an erection. This is normal and does not necessarily indicate a problem. If you experience erectile dysfunction in rare instances and have no other health issues, then you should be able to manage your ED without much trouble. However, millions of men of all ages experience this inability as a continuing problem. As you age health issues like heart disease and diabetes can tend to be the cause of ED, since these diseases decrease the amount of blood flow to your penis. Younger men often struggle with ED as well for differing reasons. Having a lower libido can be the cause of Erectile Dysfunction. By taking the time to educate yourself about ED, you have made an important first step in finding a solution. Certain situations with ED are completely normal and should not warrant a significant amount of worry. However, if you are experiencing erectile dysfunction enough to where it is affecting your sexual health, we encourage you to make an appointment with Dr. Speck to talk about your options.
CAN I PREVENT ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION?
ERECTIONS DEPEND ON STRONG BLOOD FLOW TO THE PENIS, SO ANY ACTIVITIES YOU CAN DO TO HELP PREVENT THE RISK OF HEART DISEASE CAN ALSO HELP PREVENT AND EVEN IMPROVE YOUR ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION
- Exercising at least 150 minutes a week
- Maintaining a healthy weight
- Giving up smoking
- Drinking less or no alcohol
- Monitoring your cholesterol level and blood pressure, and seeking treatment as needed.
ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION CAN BE:
- A total inability to achieve an erection-You cannot get or maintain an erection.
- An inconsistent ability to do so-You can only occasionally get an erection.
- A tendency to sustain only brief erections-You can get an erection, but can’t keep it long enough for satisfying sex.
- Caused by an injury (brain or spinal cord)
- Caused by a disease (diabetes, high blood pressure, or high cholesterol)
- Caused by an operation (prostate gland removal)
- Caused by substance abuse (tobacco, drugs, alcohol or medication)